The Combined Refugee Action Group (CRAG) is based in Geelong, Victoria.
CRAG advocates for refugee policies in Australia that are informed by the UN Refugee Convention and Protocol, and that are developed in partnership with our regional neighbours, to ensure the safety of vulnerable people seeking asylum.
We consider that it is imperative that the Australian Government acts in accordance with Article 31 of the UN Refugee Convention, which states that all contracting States (including Australia), must not impose penalties on people who arrive without authorisation seeking refugee protection.
Click here for a short video on our work and objectives.
Click here for the history of CRAG and the work we have done over the years.
Join our email list! Get the latest updates from CRAG, straight to your inbox. Fill out the form below.
A list of frequently asked questions about the work CRAG does, as well as refugee rights in general.
Here you’ll find a number of templates for parliamentary submissions to letters to your Member of Parliament, plus more.
You can contribute in a number of ways, from donations to our legal support fund to donations of food and items to support local refugees.
The CRAG Network
Below is a list of groups working together to support refugees in the Geelong region.
- Aireys Inlet RAR
- Amnesty Colac
- Amnesty Geelong
- Apollo Bay RAR
- Bellarine for Refugees
- Christ Church Social Justice Group
- Colac RAR
- Corangamite Grandmothers Against Detention of Refugee Children
- Deakin Amnesty
- Deans Marsh Rural Australians for Refugees
- Geelong Interfaith Network
- Geelong Inter Church Social Justice Network
- Geelong Refugee Information and Advocacy Network (GRAIN)
- Geelong to Sisters of Mercy
- Geelong Trades Hall Council
- Geelong Vigil Group
- Greater Geelong Youth with Refugees
- Nazareth Parish Social Justice Group
- Queenscliff RAR
- Refugee Action Collective (Vic)
- Sisters of Mercy
- Socialist Alliance
- St Andrews Portarlington Letter Writing Group
- Surf Coast RAR
- Trinity Aid for Refugees
- Wesley Church Geelong Justice and Mission Task Group
- Winchelsea Refugee Support Group
CRAG Newsletter: Actions and film screening
Greens introduce the Evacuation to Safety Bill, health professionals call for the evacuation of PNG and Nauru, Apollo Bay Rural Australians for Refugees film screening, plus more.